Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bikram 60 day challenge beginnings.....

So this was a page on my blog. I have decided to make it into separate blogs and leave the page with only the most recent days. If I were to document all 60 days on one page it would become huge and not even I would read it.


Bikram Yoga - 90 minutes, 26 poses, 105 Degrees Fahrenheit, and expect pain. This is my new exercise class. I am to attend 60 times in 60 days for the "60 Day Challenge". The room and class is actually called a "torture chamber" by the gentleman who came up with the program.


Why am I doing this? I want to hike again and ski and some day even fit into the pants I wore before my last pregnancy. I also want to be healthier, build my endurance and be a happier more fulfilled individual. Pretty much things that we all want.
To see the simple versions of the poses (that I can't get into but dearly try) here is the link: http://www.bikramyoga.com/BikramYoga/about_bikram_yoga.php

Day 1: The pain wasn't too bad for the first few poses. Granted, I couldn't get into most of the poses. The general thought stream went like this: I can definitely do this. Gonna make it and not going to puke. I made it. I might puke. I feel ok, well maybe I can't walk. I can walk. Sorta.

Day 2: Why did I do this? This was a bad idea, I hate this, I don't like being hot and why can that pregnant woman reach backwards and touch her toes?

Day 3: Holy fuckballs it's hot. It will be ok. Its 5 pm, I have starved all day to not puke, I will not puke, I will not puke. I want to eat more than carrots, survive. And why is there another pregnant woman that can touch her toes backwards?

Day 4: 7 am class and no coffee. I don't feel that I need to say more, but oh monkey balls is it hot. And now the pregnant woman is teaching the class.(she by the way is super nice, because I talked to her afterwards) I am still absolutely amazed she can reach backwards and touch her feet while 7 months pregnant. And yes backwards. While standing. Go ahead and try it. I dare you.

5th day: Skipped because the boy child travels away for 2 months for summer vacation tomorrow morning and wanted to eat out for dinner. I will pay dearly. I will have to attend 2 90 minute classes in one day. The pain had better be worth having a full stomach.

6th day: It was a happy class. I was happy to be there and the room didn't seem nearly as hot for some reason. I managed mostly to stay in the moment and focus. No thoughts of puking entered my mind and all was well. I nearly skipped out of class. I obviously wasn't trying hard enough.

7th day: I can admit it. I cried it class. It was hard. I tried to remember why I was doing this and why it was important and nearly failed. I don't even remember crying during labor.

So I have made it 1 week and 6 classes. What does it mean? Who knows, all I know is that I will be there tomorrow and hopefully not cry, puke or pass out.

No comments:

Post a Comment