So I was pregnant and we found out it was a girl child.
There were so many things to do and pick and experience and for the most part I hated being pregnant. I loved that there would be a new mini me, but that pregnancy thing is a seriously un-fun time.
The baby naming and picking of names was involved and complicated and went a little like this:
I picked Coco.
He picked some random name that I hated.
I picked Mia, Xan, Althea, and Channele Marie.
He picked more random names I hated and then he pointed out Coco was a stripper's name.
My response: "At least she won't have to get a stage name."
Mr. Blue (as he will be known by, or the baby daddy), "My daughter won't be a stripper".
Me, "It is a perfectly valid profession and if done well can be quite lucrative."
Mr. Blue, "I still don't want her to have that name and she won't be a stripper."
Me, "Of course she can be a stripper, I will support her career choice, and I think the name Coco is perfect. It has 4 letters just like the boy child. I made it very easy on him to learn to spell his name, I should do the same for her and Coco is perfect."
I eventually lost the arguement. Her name is not Coco, Althea, or Channele, or Mia, or even Gia.
She still might be a stripper. I could still win.
Oh my gosh, you are too funny!
ReplyDeleteWhat's wrong with being a stripper?
ReplyDelete